About the procedure
A breast reduction, also known as a reduction mammoplasty, is a cosmetic surgery to make the breasts smaller by removing fat, breast tissue and skin and reshaping them.
Who is a good candidate for a breast reduction?
Women’s breast size can be determined by genetics, body weight and hormones and can become a problem for some females in adolescence or middle age during or after menopause.
Large or excessively large breasts (macromastia) can cause backache, neck pain, rashes under the breasts, create grooves in the shoulders from bra straps, poor posture and a feeling of self-consciousness. Breast reduction surgery can remove or reduce the impact of these problems and creates breasts that are more proportional to your body shape. A breast reduction can also improve the fit and comfort of clothing and make exercise less cumbersome.
While breast reduction surgery is most common for women, male breast reduction is becoming more popular.
What are the benefits of a breast reduction?
- Alleviate back, neck and shoulder pain
- Improved posture
- Creates a well-proportioned body silhouette
- Reduced skin irritation and rashes
- Better clothing fit
- Makes physical activity easier
- Improved sleep and body confidence
- Includes a breast lift
We offer breast implants combined with breast lift surgery if you would like fuller, lifted breasts. You can find out more about breast implants here, or simply book a free call with our friendly team wh can answer any questions you may have.
For images of breast reduction results before and after, please view our gallery.
Breast reduction pricing
Our prices start from £4,437 and $9,350 (Australian dollars). This pricing includes:
- Return flights
- Private, unshared transfers from the airport to your hotel, and to/from your medical appointment/s at the hospital
- Hospital and surgical fees
- Hospital and 4* or 5* hotel stay (this duration varies depending on your procedure. Find out more in ‘Fast Facts’ above)
- Daily breakfast at your hotel
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during your hospital stay
- Comprehensive aftercare during and after your procedure
- Phone access to UK and Australian registered nurses on your return home.